Saturday, April 24, 2010

Grandessa Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunks with Peanuts cookies (Another Aldi brand)


I love Aldi's Grandessa Chocolate Chunk and Toffee cookies. They're the best store-bought cookies that I've had. But I didn't buy them this time, so I'll talk about them later.

On my last trip to Aldi, I bought a 1 pound package of Grandessa Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunks with Peanuts cookies. 10 cookies in the package (instead of the 8 in the chocolate and toffee cookies). In any case, 1 pound of cookies was $2.99, which makes about 19 cents an ounce for these cookies.

I had expected a crispy chocolate chunk cookie with peanuts and peanut butter bits in it, but they're actually more like the soft peanut butter cookies you get with that distinctive hash-mark on the top, plus the chocolate chunks, peanuts and peanut butter bits.

They could stand to be a bit more chocolaty, but there's plenty of peanut flavor, and they're a Hell of a lot better than Chips Ahoy or most other name brands. Still, I like my cookies more the buttery, crispy type. But that's a matter of personal taste. I recommend you give these a try yourself.

3 comments:

  1. Those Toffee cookies, they really are the best. So buttery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like Aldi's in my area (Hamburg, NY) stopped carrying these! Too bad-best cookies around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Memphis aldi;s stopped selling them too the other flavors are good but cant compare to these

    ReplyDelete