Sunday, May 9, 2010

Kroger Brand Pasta Sauce

Ok let's be clear on one fact: I'm picky about pasta sauce. I don't know what it is about the different sauces that make me picky, but I am. For example, I LOVE Prego but HATE Ragu.

So when my husband bought the first couple of jars of Kroger's sauce, I was ready to pitch a fit and refuse. But for the sake of being a broke adult I decided to give it a try.

I also wanted to hate it. I wanted to hate it so I could refuse to eat it so we could go back to the Prego. Because I'm mature like that. I also have a few slight issues with change. Pasta is one of my comfort foods and changes to my comfort foods are hitting below the belt. So yes, I wanted to hate Kroger's Pasta Sauce.

Only I didn't.

I in fact fell in love with it.

We stick to the mushroom sauce for basic pasta. We also use the six cheese blend for chicken Parmesan. I'm sure the other blends are just as good.

So go give it a try!

1 comment:

  1. We're right there with you on kroger's marinara sauce! It's absolutely awesome, especially with the price point, and its way better than any "national" brand (atleast for our family). In fact, i found this post in a search attempt to find out who actually makes their saice so we'll be able to get it in areas that don't have a kroger store.
    We use it as pizza sauce as well. Atleast once a week we load up tortillas with kroger marinara sauce, mozzarella cheese and pepperoni... toss it in a heated cast iron skillet, cover and voila! About 3 minutes later, almost instant mini-pizza. If we're feeling like a deluxe version, on goes the slivers of onion and fresh mushrooms. Much better, cheaper and wayyy faster than anything off the frozen isle!

    ReplyDelete