Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Aldi Nutty Bars and Other Snacks

So I'll confess I don't know the brand name. I think they might be Baker's Choice? All I know for sure is that the Aldi near me always has them.

You can buy a pack of nutty bars, though they call them something like peanut butter wafers (I swear I meant to post this before my husband threw away the box) for 99 cents and they taste just like what you get from Little Debbie.

In general, we go to Aldi on a monthly basis to fill our snack drawer. 20-30$ usually fills it to the top and we have more than a month's worth of snacks for the entire family.

My kids especially love their fruit snacks. You have to be careful though because they have two brands. One brand comes in the shape of dinosaurs and sharks and they are basically compressed pure sugar. The other brand promises they are made of real fruit, are shaped like real fruit and they are pretty much awesome.

Aldi also has a great selection of Granola Bars and other wonderful treats for the family.

As long as you stay away from the dino and shark shaped fruit snacks, you can't go wrong with Aldi's snack selection.

1 comment:

  1. I must admit- I LOVE the dinos & sharks. They are waaaay better than the similar ones (like scooby doo) at the normal grocery store. But that's probably because they're pure sugar, lol.

    ReplyDelete